Soooooooo I’ve been nominated for a Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award by the lovely Ashley from Blabbing Ash, you can read her post on the award here. First, I’ll set out the rules for the award, then I’ll answer Ashley’s questions, ask some questions of my own, and reveal my nominations for the award!
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Make a post of the award. (Using a photo with the logo.)
- Post the rules.
- Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them.
Questions set by Ashley
- What is the first thing you notice in a person?
The first thing I notice would be someone’s demeanour, whether they’re generally a happy person, someone who’s often sad, or someone who’s generally relaxed and laid back about everything. I usually pick up on that pretty quickly and can get a general vibe from people.
- What are some challenges you think the next generation will face because of our generation’s now actions?
I think the biggest struggle will be money. I don’t want to get political on this, and I know it’s not the entire generation’s fault that there are money struggles. However, it’s well noted that there are various places in the world in bad financial situations at the moment, with a lot of people struggling. I don’t want to come across as a “social justice warrior” type , but I really hope the situation changes and there are fewer people struggling for money in the world sooner rather than later.
- What is something you could teach me that comes easiest to you?
I could teach you how to successfully drive an electric wheelchair. People that occasionally have to park my wheelchair for me usually find it quite difficult, but driving it has become second nature to me after all these years.
- Coffee or Tea? Why?
I prefer coffee, mostly because I like the process and routine of making my morning coffee and the head space I think it gives me to think through what I have to complete in a day. It’s the whole romantic thought of drinking coffee in your kitchen in the morning while the world wakes up.
- What is your favourite quote and why?
My favourite quote is “Those who love us never really leave us” from the third Harry Potter book The Prisoner of Azkaban. I’m a big Harry Potter/ Sirius Black (the character who says that quote) fan and feel like that quote really encapsulates and helps me through my own experience with bereavement, which is something I’ve gone through a lot in recent years.
- What is the most useful thing you own?
I would say my electric wheelchair as that’s my main mobility aid and the reason I can go on all these adventures I write about on the blog. However, I technically don’t own that, I just loan it. So if we’re going on something I actually OWN, I would say my rollator/walker thing as it’s my second most used mobility aid and I actually OWN it.
- Do you have a favourite comfort food? What is the recipe?
My favourite comfort food would be Mum’s homemade chicken pasta. I admit I don’t know the recipe to be able to recite it and I’ll have to ask her for it.
- If you could have lunch with one person, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
It would be Corey Taylor, the singer from my favourite bands Stone Sour & Slipknot. He’s one of my idols in general and pretty much musical idol and I’d love to be able to explain to him the impact he and his music have had.
- What/where/who do you think of when I say the word “home”?
- Who is your favourite music artist or band?
- What is your proudest achievement in your blogging journey?
- What is your proudest achievement in life in general?
- Do you believe in regrets? If no, why not? And if yes, what’s your biggest regret
- What is your favourite travel memory?
- What is your main hobby?
Shona from Shona Louise Blog
Carrie Ann from Carrie Ann Lightley Blog
Pippa from Life of Pippa
Alex from The VI Critic
Emma from Little Harto
Hope from The Hope Chronicles
Nikki from SpokenByHer
Claire from Short Girl Walking
Madison & Rebecca from Foster Fam Travels
Megan from Life in Postcards
I hope that this has given you some more insight into me and that the people I nominated enjoy answering my questions.
Em (Invincible Woman On Wheels)