Another blogging award! This time I’d like to thank Emmagayle from Empowered for the nomination; you can read her post on the award here. First, I’ll outline the rules, then answer the questions I was asked before nominating 5 other bloggers for the award and asking 10 of my own questions!
Thank the person who nominated you
Tag the post with #AwesomeBloggerAward
Answer the questions you were asked
Nominate at least 5 bloggers and inform them of their nomination
Give them 10 new questions to answer
- What is your favourite post on your blog and why?
My favourite post would be my How to Lose Friends and Alienate People: Disability Edition post on the 5 things people say, and 5 they do, that get on my nerves as a disabled person. I feel like it put across my frustrations with those sayings/behaviours well enough without seeming like I was shaming people, and hopefully had an impact on how people interact with disabled people from now on.
- What is your writing process and do you have any rituals for getting ready to write?
I have no rituals as such but I do have a writing process. Firstly, I’ll plan out the blog post by hand in the specific notebook I use. Then I’ll transfer that plan into a word document on one of the templates I’ve made (either the general template, the access review template or the train travel template, depending on the blog post) then I’ll just fill in the words around my planning notes until I have a blog post.
- What is one of your musical guilty pleasures?
That would probably be Taylor Swift. I have no explanation for why I listen to her music but she’s definitely the kind of artist I usually listen to, which I’m pretty certain means I can call her songs a guilty pleasure.
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
Ah, that was either Justin Timberlake or Simon Webbe from the UK boyband Blue. I had a crush on both at around the same time I think.
- What animal do you prefer – cats or dogs?
Dogs 100%, they’ve been part of my life my entire life as they were always our family pets.
- Where do you like to write your blog posts?
In terms of blog planning, I prefer to out blog posts in coffee shops with my notebook and a coffee or two, although obviously not at the moment with the lockdown and pandemic situation. For actual writing, I prefer to write in my bedroom at my desk, whether that’s in my university room or my bedroom at home
- What is your favourite social media for blogging?
Definitely Twitter, I like the amount of interaction I can have with my audience and feel like I can show them more of me and my hobbies beyond blogging.
- Do you have any hidden talents?
I don’t think so. I can do that thing where you roll your tongue up into a full circle from the sides if that counts?
- When and where was your first holiday?
If we’re talking holiday abroad, the first one I remember was to Alcudia in Spain. I think I was 6 or 7 but I may have been older, I can’t really remember exactly. There may also have been an earlier holiday that I don’t remember.
- What is your favourite hobby?
Those of you who have read my blog for a while or follow me on Twitter (particularly on Saturday nights) will probably know the answer to this. I love to watch Mixed Martial Arts, either on tv or live in person at venues. I prefer watching in person as the live atmosphere is almost always incredible, but when I’ll get to experience that again, with the impact of the pandemic, I don’t know.
Glen from glenparmenter.com
Alyvia from LifewithLyv
Madison & Rebecca from FosterFamTravels
Thomas from The Doubting Thomas Blog
Joey from Concealed Voices
- What is the explanation behind your blog name?
- What is your main goal with blogging?
- What skill would you like to learn?
- What is your favourite film?
- What city/country is top of your list to travel?
- Who is/are your inspiration(s) when it comes to blogging?
- What would you do if you could have your perfect day off?
- Do you have a favourite sport? If yes, which one?
- What is one inspirational quote or thing someone’s said to you that’s stuck with you?
- If you could invite 5 celebrities or inspirational people to dinner, who would you pick?
Thanks to Emmagayle for nominating me, I hope this gives a little more insight into the Invincible Woman behind the blog and that those I’ve nominated enjoy answering my questions.
Em (Invincible Woman On Wheels)