ANOTHER blog tag, time to tell you more about me then I guess ! This time I was tagged to do the Hallotober tag by Claire from Our Favourite Jar. This tag was originally created by Jordanne from The Life of a Glasgow Girl , so of course credit must go to the original creator for creating this tag in the first place. Now, onto my post ! Firstly I’ll outline the rules of the award, then I’ll answer the 13 questions Claire asked me, nominate 13 more bloggers to continue the tag and ask them the same questions I was asked (with one question being different).
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post
- Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction
- Answer the 13 questions
- Tag 13 people to do the tag
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post
1. What’s your favourite thing about October?
Definitely my birthday! Everyone loves their birthday right? Mine’s actually only a couple of days before Halloween (the 29th).
2. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
I don’t specifically make a big deal of celebrating Halloween, but all Halloween parties basically become my birthday party. So I end up celebrating Halloween as a default.
3. What’s your favourite horror movie?
I don’t really have one. Horror movies tend to involve jump scares (from the ones I’ve seen) and Cerebral Palsy startle reflex (which I’ve talked more about here) & jump scares don’t really mix, so I tend to avoid horrors as a genre.
4. Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
A big night out, but not in costume. You’re more likely to nice “gothy/rock n roll” dresses (like the one in the outfit below) heading out for my birthday celebrations
5. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
I don’t think I’ve ever actually worn a costume for Halloween. As I’ve said in the question above, my “Halloween” outfit is much more likely to look like the picture below.
6. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
Bobbing for apples I think, mostly because that’s the game I’d be more successful at! My hand eye coordination issues mean that trying to pin anything on anything is guaranteed to be an absolute flop.
7. How do you celebrate Halloween?
With a birthday night out at a Halloween rock night hosted at one of the rock bars near wherever I’m living that particular year (university means I move pretty regularly). I’m not sure what I’ll be doing this year as the bars will be heavily restricted.
8. What’s your least favourite horror?
I vaguely remember watching bits of The Hills Have Eyes remake (I think it was that? I’ve watched so few horror films that I don’t even remember what they’re called) and it gave me nightmares for days. So I’d have to say that purely because I remember finding it REALLY creepy.
9. Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
I don’t think so? This is that awkward moment where I admit I don’t actually ever remember going trick or treating. The area I mostly grew up in was not really the sort of area that I remember as being good to go trick or treating in, and then by the time we’d moved out of there I kind of felt too old for trick or treating.
10. What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
The fact that my birthday is so close to Halloween. It means that all the Halloween parties are basically readymade birthday parties for me without me having to organise anything.
11. Scary costume or Silly costume?
Silly costume definitely, I’m that jumpy I’d probably scare MYSELF in a scary costume.
12. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
Jellies, specifically Haribo’s, can I specifically say Haribo’s? the variety of all the different kinds of sweets just makes me feel like I’ve had more sweets than I actually have ha-ha!
13. Would you visit a haunted house at night?
No, definitely not. The jump scares involved in haunted houses means my startle reflex would have an absolute field day.
Since I was also tagged for this by Smelly Socks & Garden Peas, I’ll just add a quick extra point here answering the new question that they added to the tag.
14. Do you believe in ghosts?
I guess? I have a really specific thing about what I do and don’t believe in when it comes to the paranormal. I do believe that the spirits of those we’ve loved and lost can come back to visit us, moving things around rooms or leaving signs and stuff like that, but I’m really quite sceptical these days about “ghost hunting shows” like Most Haunted that try to prove the existence of ghosts.
- What’s your favourite thing about October?
- Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
- What’s your favourite horror movie?
- Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
- Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
- Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
- How do you celebrate Halloween?
- What’s your least favourite horror?
- Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
- What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
- Scary costume or Silly costume?
- What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
- Horror movie recommendation those who want to avoid jump scares (I.e. me)?
Jess from Stuck in the Book
Madison & Rebecca from Foster Fam Travels
Ellie – Mae from Ticking the List
Joey from Concealed Voices
Keith from On My Mind Today
Brendan from Blind Injustice
Alex from The VI Critic
Jo Jo from Jo Jo’s Cup of Mocha
Ash from Blabbing Ash
I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me and my thoughts around all things Halloween and October.
Em (Invincible Woman On Wheels)