I’ve been nominated for another blogger award! This time, Ellie – M from Ticking The List has nominated me for the Sunshine Bloggers Award. Thankyou Ellie for this nomination.
For those who don’t know, the Sunshine Bloggers Award is a way of bringing together the diverse and varied blogging community to support each other and get to know each other.
Firstly, I’ll outline the rules of the tag. Then I’ll answer the questions I’ve been asked, before nominating more bloggers and asking them some questions myself.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award image in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people and ask them 11 questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their posts.
Questions I have to answer
- What inspired you to start blogging?
That would be my girls’ holiday to Sicily. I actually wrote about it in my first ever blog post, but that’s basically where the girls I was travelling with said they’d learned a lot about the issues I face as a disabled person over the course of the trip and encouraged me to start sharing my experiences in a blog. So I came home and that’s exactly what I did, sharing my first post in the October after the trip that summer.
2. What kind of traveller are you?Adventure/relaxation/budget/luxury/don’t like to travel?
I prefer travelling to explore new places, like I did in that Sicily trip. I’d prefer to do more spontaneous trips where I just turn up and go wherever I fancy at the trop of a hat, but that’s more difficult to do when you have a disability.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Milan for sure. I’m a sucker for Italian food and a glass of wine. And I really liked what I got to see of the culture and the city on the one-day layover I had there en route to Sicily.
4. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
Firstly, I would wish to have my dad back with us on Earth for just one day so I could say all the things I regret not saying. Secondly, I would wish for full accessibility for all disabled people (even if it may make my blog a bit redundant). I would also wish for security for those I love, financial security or whatever they need. The situation we’re currently in has made me realise how important those we love are.
5. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve been to?
Definitely Piazza Del Duomo in Milan. I’m not ashamed to say I almost cried when we stepped out of the metro station and I saw it for the first time.
6. If you could uninvent one thing, what would it be?
Steps/stairs! and I would put ramps everywhere, it would certainly make my life easier as a wheelchair user.
7. What is the most useful app you have on your phone?
Probably Google Maps as my sense of direction sucks. Failing that it’s the Trainline app. In the times when we can freely travel on trains it makes the process of train travel so much easier for me.
8. Who is your hero?
definitely my Mum. She’s the original invincible woman and the person I get all of my best traits from as far as I’m concerned.
9. What’s your favourite holiday?
By holiday here I’m assuming you mean like celebration? I’m going to answer it that way anyway. I would say Halloween because it’s close to my birthday so there are multiple reasons to celebrate.
10. What’s your karaoke song?
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen because it reminds me of a specific hilarious memory I have with my university friends.
11. If you were stranded on a desert island and could have 3 things with you, what would you choose?
One, my electric wheelchair so I could freely move around. 2. My Dermot Kennedy cd so I could keep calm during the isolation (the entire album is just chilled vibes) and of course my CD player so I could actually play the CD.
Jo Jo from JoJo’s Cup of Mocha
Alex from The VI Critic
Jess from Stuck In The Book
Claire from Our Favourite Jar
Helen from Dotted Pages
Ashley from Blabbing Ash
Thomas from TheDoubtingThomas
Hope from The Hope Chronicles
Keith from On My Mind Today
- What do you consider your biggest blogging achievement?
- Who is one music artist you recommend I listen to?
- Who’s another blogger you think I should check out?
- Where’s one place you want to visit?
- Where’s one place in your country that you recommend I visit?
- What’s the one thing that’s top of your bucket list?
- What was your first blog post? (on your first blog if you’ve had multiple)
- Who would be your top dinner party guest?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What’s the best piece of advice you could give someone?
- What is your favourite quote?
Once again, thanks to Ellie for nominating me and I love forward to seeing how everyone answers my questions!
Em (Invincible Woman On Wheels)