Firstly, I’ll outline the rules of the tag. Then I’ll answer the 10 original questions before answering the extra questions has asked me, asking my own extra questions and nominating some more bloggers.
- Put on your favourite Christmas playlist to listen while answering.
- Have a Christmas drink and/or snack while writing.
- Thank the blogger who tagged you and leave a link to their site.
- Answer the 10 original questions.
- Answer the questions set by whoever tagged you.
- Ask 2 questions of your own.
- Tag 6 bloggers to take part.
10 Original Questions
- When do your decorations go up?
As this is my first year in my own house, this is probably the first year I’ve been able to talk about my own Christmas traditions and decorations. And this is where I’m probably about to make the internet explode… I haven’t put any decorations up and I don’t see that changing in future years. It just seems like a whole lot of effort when there’s only me in this flat and I’m not really that bothered by decorations.
2. Who is the scrooge in your family or friendship group?
If that first answer hasn’t made it obvious, it’s probably me! I generally don’t have any Christmas spirit until about Christmas Eve and any limited Christmas spirit has usually disappeared by about the 27th.
3. If money was no object, how and where would you spend Christmas?
Most likely travelling, specifically to Prague. My dad went there around Christmas time once and came back talking about how wonderful it was so I’d want to experience that for myself.
4. What Christmas film/movie do you have to watch every festive season?
It’s not a movie, but I have to watch the original Gavin and Stacey Christmas special. I’m known for saying it’s not Christmas until Smithy (one of the main characters) yells “it’s Christmaaaaaasssssssss”.
5. Who do you find the hardest to buy presents for?
Probably my younger brother, just because I never know what he’s into or what’s considered “cool”. The perils of gift buying for a teenage boy!
6. Would you rather buy lots of little presents for a hamper or buy one big/main present?
Lots of little presents I think. I think it’s just better to have more things to open on the day. Plus I think they’re more likely to be smaller more personal things.
7. What did you leave out for Santa as a child?
I’m not entirely sure I remember? I’m assuming if it was anything it would have been a mince pie for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer. That’s kind of the standard offering isn’t it?
8. Where did you spend last Christmas?
Back at my family home with my mum, stepdad and younger brother the way I usually do. Then we travelled up to Yorkshire between Boxing Day and the New Year to visit family.
9. Which Christmas song makes you cringe?
Is it rude to say all of them? Christmas music really isn’t my thing. Particularly Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas Is You though. I’ve just heard it too many times. All I want for Christmas is to not have to hear that song.
10. If you could be a character in a holiday movie, who would you be and why?
I think I’d pick Buddy from Elf. I’d just want to be as excited about Christmas as he is for once in my life haha!
Ellie’s Extra Questions
What is one of your favourite Christmas memories?
It’s not one specific memory, but something that always sticks in my mind from around this time is watching the Darts World Championships with my dad between Christmas and New Year. That was always the way I knew it was definitely Christmas and the start of a new year (almost). That is something I particularly treasure now he’s no longer with us.
Is Die Hard a Christmas movie? You must back up your answer with reasoning!
I’ll have to say yes. I’m not sure I’ve seen it in its entirety, but it’s set around the festive season and features a Christmas tree and that kind of thing right? If it’s vaguely festive or set around then then I’m pretty sure we can call it a Christmas film.
My Extra Questions
1. What is your favourite Christmas song?
2. When do you consider it Christmas time? Is there something specific that has to happen or you have to do first?
Jo Jo from JoJo’s Cup of Mocha
Alex from The VI Critic
Jess from Stuck In The Book
Claire from Our Favourite Jar
Helen from Dotted Pages
Ashley from Blabbing Ash
Once again, thanks to Ellie for nominating me and I love forward to seeing everyone’s Christmassy answers
Em (Invincible Woman On Wheels)